You are your brand
17th January 2019
By Sally Smith
The first of our Breakfast Seminars took place this morning and the topic was “Building your Brand”. Your brand is so integral to the growth of your business and understanding what a brand is absolutely fundamental.
Key things covered in the seminar included:
- How do you define your brand?
- How does your brand grow your business?
- How do you audit your brand?
- Build your own brand strategy
- Implement, track and adjust your strategy
It may come as no surprise to some, but your brand is more than just your logo. It reflects your core values, it creates trust and loyalty with your clients but also your own staff. Your brand makes you unique. The key things to look at include:
- Your logo, colours, images, photos and illustrations
- Your tagline, mission statement and core values
- Your tone of voice
Have you ever taken the time to carry out an audit of your brand? Something to seriously consider as the above needs to be consistent across all customer touch points and suit your audience. Key things to think about:
- Has your customer changed over time and have you adjusted your brand to suit them?
- How do you relate to your customers?
- Establish the performance of your brand
- Discover your strengths and weaknesses
- Align your strategy more closely with customer expectations
With the above information in mind, developing your own unique voice is essential. But in order to do this, you need to be able to define your audience, be clear on the features and benefits of your products but more importantly what really sets you apart from your competitors? Read more on Crafting your USP
Once you have all this in place you need to communicate your brand through the appropriate channels including all things digital – website, social media, blog, video. Other more traditional methods include direct mail, outdoor advertising etc. Keep everything consistent!
One last tip, refer back to your brand strategy and remember to track, measure and adjust your brand to suit the changing market around you. If you need a hand, we can facilitate a workshop for you and your team to review, refresh or to simply get back on track with your brand.
Categorised in: Design