Top Tips to Grow your Market Share
5th October 2017
It’s been all about branding this month and we’ve got some top tips on how to create your brand strategy and the impact this has on your success.
What is branding?
Your brand is the source of a promise to your customer, defining the foundations of your business. It is a combination of your logo, brand guidelines, tagline, website, your staff and your culture. Your message needs to be clear and consistent across all platforms.
Here are our top 5 tips to help develop your brand strategy:
Not sure what makes you different and sets you apart from your competitors? This is often the biggest challenge within a business but is a vital step to creating your brand strategy and company identity.
- Craft your USP – this should be clear and definitive and anyone communicating it should live and breathe it. It is a summary of what makes your business unique and valuable to your target market. The steps below will help you craft your USP. Try to make it short, unique, desirable and specific.
- Determine your Objectives – define your business objectives. What do you want to achieve and why? Create objectives that are measurable, obtainable and sustainable. Do your staff understand your objectives, as they are essentially your brand ambassadors? Be transparent with your team and get buy in from them.
- Focus on your target Audience – defining your target market will allow you to focus your marketing in a clearer way with key objectives which, in turn, will provide more engagement. Understand the needs and desires of your customers, put yourself in their shoes, what are they looking for and why should they use you? Create personas of your current and ideal customers.
- It’s all about Content – relevant and engaging content brings trust, it brings out the human side of your business. When you fulfill the needs of your customers, they will respect you and pay attention to what you have to say. They see you as the experts. Search engines love relevant content and, with content marketing, you can increase the ranking of your site.
- Create a Marketing Strategy – this is how you sell yourself to your audience. By combining your USP with engaging content you can meet their needs. What are your key messages, do you have clear and consistent visuals which reflect your brand? Is there consistency across all platforms – website, social media, window displays, mail drops, schedules etc? Plan ahead and make sure you measure results and adjust if required.
Without a strong brand, you run the risk of becoming invisible. You will lose your purpose and without this how can you stand out from your competitors? Be focused and stay focused.
Want to find out more?
Our objective is to ensure you are adapting to a changing market and you are providing a service which suits your target audience.
From strategy and training to content creation and audience segmentation we can help you gain more market share with a clear targeted message. Contact Sally Smith for more information – email@example.com
We are now on Facebook. Follow us for all our latest news and tips on how to grow your business.
Categorised in: Design